Enlighten UE4 3.12 is based on Unreal Engine 4.25.0 and UE4.26.0.
Enlighten UE4 is distributed as a collection of
.zip files containing modifications to the base UE4 version. The distribution
.zip files are named as follows:
Version is the version of Enlighten. This comprises:
- the Enlighten version number
- R denotes the initial release; Pn denotes patch n
- the internal build number
UE4 Version is the version of UE4 this package is compatible with
Type may be:
- Base — Required. This zip contains the modified engine files and the Enlighten libraries and tools.
- Samples — This zip contains maps and assets demonstrating Enlighten, contained in EnlightenSamples.uproject.
- Platform specific files — Extra files required to run on console platforms. These are provided only to registered platform developers.
For example EnlightenUE4-3.12.R.12345-UE4.26.0-Base.zip contains the Base files for the initial release of Enlighten UE4 version 3.12 compatible with UE4 version 4.26.0.
The Enlighten Precompute requires a valid Enlighten license. Please place the license file in Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Enlighten.
Each licence file is valid for a limited period. For licensing support, contact Enlighten Support.
Build Enlighten UE4
To build the Enlighten UE4 editor:
- Install an unmodified copy of a supported version of UE4. This must be the major release, not a hotfix.
- Download the Enlighten packages compatible with your UE4 version.
- Extract the Enlighten packages on top of your unmodified copy of UE4, overwriting files where necessary.
- Delete the Engine/Intermediate folder, if it exists.
- Run GenerateProjectFiles.bat.
- Rebuild at least the following projects:
- UnrealFrontend Development Win64
- UnrealLightmass Development Win64
- ShaderCompileWorker Development Win64
UE4 Development Editor Win64
To evaluate Enlighten with a hotfix release of UE4 you can perform a three way merge between:
- Left: your UE4 source tree with the hotfix
- Right: the base UE4 + Enlighten source tree.
- Common Ancestor: the unmodified copy of UE4.
Supported Visual Studio versions
Visual Studio 2017 - MSVC 14.16
Visual Studio 2019 - MSVC 14.28
Supported console SDKs
|UE4.25||7.008||July 2018 QFE13||8.3.0|
|UE4.26||8.008||July 2018 QFE13||10.4.0|